These rules are subject to change without notice at any time at the discretion of the Raystown Canoe Club and it's members.
1. Each contestant must have a life preserver on his person or in the canoe while racing.
Non-swimmers and those under 12 years must wear preservers at all times when on the water.
2. Any team dropping out of the race before its conclusion must notify a race official immediately.
3. If there are two contestants in a boat at the start of the race:
They will continue together for the duration of the race in the same boat in which they started.
If one contestant drops out, the team and the canoe are disqualified for that race.
4. All contestants are required to sign a waiver of liability
Those persons under 18 years of age must also have parental or legal guardian signed consent.
5. Race officials will rule on any questions that may arise and their decisions will be final.
6. No restrictions will be made as to paddle width- single blade only for canoes.
7. Any canoe may be inspected at the start of the race upon request.
8. Junior paddler ages will be determined by age as of the race date.
9. Master Class includes any competitor who has reached the age of 40 as of the race date.
10. Intentional capsizing, damaging or interference with an opponent’s boat will result in disqualification.
11. Common rules of sportsmanship will prevail at all times.
12. Sunscreen is recommended.
13. Each boat will need a whistle to be readily available. RCC will provide these for each boat.
14. Everyone needs to sign a waiver on-site or at packet pick-up.
Each team member must sign (you can't sign for your partner) so be sure and get to the event early to avoid long lines at the waiver sign-in area.
15. All entries are non-refundable and non-transferable
Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund.
If you cannot participate, you may not give or sell your number to anyone else and entry fees will not be transferred to another event or from year to year.
What happened? Your buddy decide not to paddle with you?
1. We will accommodate switching ONE paddler per 2-person boat registration.2. Team registration cannot be transferred to two completely new paddlers.3. If it is prior to the end of race registration, bring your new friend to the gurus at the registration tables
- We will not allow partner switches after race registration ends
4. We'll need all of your partner's information and for them to sign new registration and waiver forms